#8 - Danielle Bryan aka "Momma Dragon" - Empowering Women, Building Communities, Being Authentic
In today's episode of the Moving Thought Podcast I welcome Danielle Bryan, aka "Momma Dragon" to the show.
Danielle is the founder of an online fitness community for women called DragonFit. Her fitness career started after getting first place in her first ever fitness competition, becoming a WBFF Pro Fitness Model. However, her first competition was her last. After seeing the extreme toll that bodybuilding took on the health of women around her she found a more holistic approach to fitness and decided to build a community of women that would build each other up and empower one another to improve their health through dreaming big.
Last year Danielle had more than 500 women go through her program and her community continues to grow at a rapid pace. Be sure to check out her website www.WeAreDragonFit.com and follow her on IG @DreamerDragon
In today's conversation...
- Danielle’s journey from body building and traditional fitness to world’s of yoga, meditation, and mindfulness
- What did you learn from bodybuilding?
- What does your training look like now?
- What is DragonFit?
- How did DragonFit start?
- The process of being okay with yourself
- What is the DragonFit community like?
- What’s it like to lead a group of women in the fitness industry?
- How does it feel to be “Mama Dragon”?
- Mental baggage in your fitness journey.
- Mandatory social media rant 😃
- What does your daily life look like as you build your platform and work remotely?
- Hittin’ the road and visiting the women of DragonFit all over the country.
- What advice would you give for building a community?
- Doing a lot with a little.
- Fake it til you become it
- Danielle’s 2-3 - her advice to be stronger, healthier, and happier.